Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I finished the Peek-A-Boo Cloche

Hi,
I got the book as soon as it was published - still, I have so many items on the needles that I haven't knit anything from this lovely book until now. Presenting the Peek-A-Boo Cloche:


The ends are yet to be woven in. You can see a (crappy) photo of me wearing the hat on my blog.

I knitted the had from one strand of Tvinni wool and one strand of Tvinni Alpaca - leftovers from a skirt I made - on needles size 3mm and 4mm. This makes the hat thicker and larger, but I needed a larger gauge since my head is a little large - 57-58 cm - and I like that the hat is thick and warm. I also made the inside colour extend all the way to the bottom of the brim, because I wanted to be able to see the red colour inside.

Compared to other hats, it might be a slow knit since you have to knit the inside first, and then the outer layer, however, the hat turns out very nice!

2 comments:

bobbi said...

nice job!

Anonymous said...

very nice!!