The ends are yet to be woven in. You can see a (crappy) photo of me wearing the hat on my blog.
I knitted the had from one strand of Tvinni wool and one strand of Tvinni Alpaca - leftovers from a skirt I made - on needles size 3mm and 4mm. This makes the hat thicker and larger, but I needed a larger gauge since my head is a little large - 57-58 cm - and I like that the hat is thick and warm. I also made the inside colour extend all the way to the bottom of the brim, because I wanted to be able to see the red colour inside.
Compared to other hats, it might be a slow knit since you have to knit the inside first, and then the outer layer, however, the hat turns out very nice!