Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Newbie

Hi all! Just joined this blog; haven't done this before. I am currently working on the Floral Lace Anklets. My son is bringing home his girlfriend for the first time in a couple of weeks, and I am making them for her.

I've really gone round the bend on this one, though, as I love to recycle! I went to a Goodwill store and looked through the sweaters for a summery silk. I found one that was new (still had the tags on it!), and brought it home for $1.50. That evening, I took the sweater apart, piece by piece, and carefully rewound the golden silk fiber around a cardboard tube. I wound it at each end so that I could use two strands at once. I am about a third of the way through the first sock and it looks pretty good. I'm sure with blocking, it will really look great. I moved up to a #2 needle as the cuff was too small and tight on #1s.

I will be sure to post a picture of the final results! It's great fun to see and read about all your projects!

Jan O

No comments: